DevOps (remote work. full-time)
Petrosoft’s founder is a retail operator and engineer who initially developed a cloud-based back-office software solution in 2002. Today, the company provides a platform, integration options, software, hardware, and services. These solutions are designed to take advantage of advances in technology, address changes in consumer demand, and enable seamless connections within today’s retail ecosystem.
From its headquarters in Pittsburgh, the company supports its POS, foodservice, fuel management, and back-office product lines as well as its integration with industry-leading technology partners SAP. IBM. Microsoft .
The successful candidate shall tie automated builds, tests, and releases together in a singleworkflow and shall combine home-grown scripts, smoke tests, andthird-party technologies to define the deployment steps for each environmentand develop faster feedback loops. Candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, positive, and enjoy the challenges of planning and solving problems in a complex and unpredictable work environment.
- Implement and maintain tools to further automate build, release packaging, deployment and configuration management processes.
- Develop continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Responsible for creating builds and releases
- Responsible for performing software installation and deployments
- Maintain configuration management database
- Setup and maintain development, test, and production environments
- Provide input to development teams from a system administrator perspective
- Implement and maintain system health and performance monitors and alerts
- Collaborate with development teams to resolve system health and performance issues and risks
- Perform capacity planning for hardware resources
- Migrate existing systems and setup new systems in a cloud hosting provider
- Implement and recommend security controls
- Document the systems and configuration
- Participate in handover of the builds to central operation team.
- Develop automated validation process to improve the build quality and reduce the time of delivery.
- Implement, maintain and constantly improve the Dev-Ops build eco-system.
- Work with globally distributed team and will contribute to the innovative technology strategy and roadmap.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field
- More than 5 years’ experience working in a Tier 3 or hands on engineering development role
- 5+ years’ experience with creating and managing new security compliant images
- 2+ years’ knowledge of automated deployment frameworks such as BigFix, SCCM, Chef, Puppet, Docker, or Jenkins
- Experience leading teams and work efforts
- Experience identifying opportunities for automating manual processes, designing and deploying automation solutions through all environments from concept to pre-production to production
- Excelent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively work in a fast paced environment.
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision.